Drive-in Style Films at
Carrie Blast Furnaces
Carrie Carpool Cinema—Cult Classics Weekend
Friday, November 6, 2020 – Doors open at 4:30 p.m.
Blade Runner (R) 6:00 p.m. | Repo Man (R) 8:15 p.m.
Saturday, November 7, 2020 – Doors open at 4:30 p.m.
Do the Right Thing (R) 6:00 p.m. | The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh (PG) 8:25 p.m.
Admission to the Carrie Carpool Cinema is $10 for adults and $7 for kids—and $2 of each ticket directly supports the conservation of this National Historic Landmark!
Each night offers a double-feature bill, and starting times will be adjusted for sunset throughout the season. Be sure to arrive early if you want to take a mini-tour of the furnaces before the movie starts (additional fees apply). Concessions by Iron Oven Catering, in partnership with Rouge BBQ, will also be available for purchase. Social distancing policies apply outside of all vehicles.
Hours & Admission*
The Carrie Carpool Cinema series is running one weekend a month, July through November. Each night offers a double-feature bill, and starting times will be adjusted for sunset throughout the season.
Kids (Ages 4–17)
Location & Directions
The Carrie Blast Furnaces are located in Swissvale and Rankin, PA in the Monongahela River Valley. The entrance to the Carrie Furnaces is located at Carrie Furnace Boulevard, Rankin, PA 15104.
What to Know Before You Go
As a former industrial site, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure an enjoyable visit.
- What to wear: Face masks are required to be worn for the duration of your visit for all guests ages 2 and above. Please dress for the weather. Additionally, the ground is uneven—sensible shoes are a must. Sneakers or boots are recommended. Open-toed shoes and high heels are prohibited.
- Maintain social distance: Signage has been placed throughout the site reminding you to maintain a safe distance of six feet from others.
- Restrooms & concessions: The rawness of the site is certainly part of its charm. However, that rawness also limits the creature comforts many of us are accustomed to, like running water. Portable bathrooms, hand washing stations and hand sanitizer are available. A food truck will be at this event.
- Photography: Photography is permitted. For safety reasons, videography and drones are prohibited.
- Accessibility: Handicapped parking is available, but the grounds covered are not wheelchair accessible.
- Liability: By purchasing admission tickets, all visitors consent to the terms of our liability waiver and consent to be photographed (PDF)
- Admission: Site access is limited to guided tours, workshops, and events. Unless otherwise noted, all admissions are ticketed.
- What to expect: Films are projected onto the side of the Blowing Engine House and vehicles are parked in a fan pattern in the Western Courtyard. Vehicles may park head in or rear facing, and are parked in every other spot or allow for social distancing. Masks are required when outside of your vehicle.
- Arrival / What to bring: When you arrive please check-in at the rear gate. Bring paper copies of your tickets or have them accessible on a smart phone. If you arrive early, you can line up your car on the entrance road before the gate opens.
- Location: The entrance to the Carrie Furnaces is located at Carrie Furnace Boulevard, Rankin, PA 15104. If you need to call for directions or assistance please call 412.464.0838.
Thank you for following these guidelines. We wish you to have the best visit possible, and appreciate your patience as we continue to improve the visitor experience.