Choose your own adventure on this photo safari!
The interplay of light and seasonality at the Carrie Furnaces offer endless perspectives of this industrial muse. Take inspiration from the wide vistas or the delicate details at this National Historic Landmark site.
Hours & Admission*
This program is offered on the following dates: April 10, May 15, June 12, July 17, August 14, September 18, October 16, & November 6, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
*Space is limited. We recommend purchasing tickets in advance as we cannot guarantee tickets will be available for walk-ups.
"Such a cool place! I think everyone in Pittsburgh should check it out at least once!" —Olivia Weber, Google Review
Location & Directions
The Carrie Blast Furnaces are located in Swissvale and Rankin, PA in the Monongahela River Valley. The entrance to the Carrie Furnaces is located at Carrie Furnace Boulevard, Rankin, PA 15104.
What to Know Before You Go
As a former industrial site, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure an enjoyable visit.
- COVID-19 Policies: Please be advised of our current COVID-19 policies.
- Maintain social distance: Social distancing is no longer mandatory, but we do ask that you be mindful of the people around you, allowing for a comfortable amount of space when possible.
- What to wear: Clothing you can get dirty. The majority of the site is outdoors; please dress for the weather. Additionally, the ground is uneven—sensible shoes are a must. Open-toed shoes and high heels are prohibited.
- Restrooms & concessions: The rawness of the site is certainly part of its charm. However, that rawness also limits the creature comforts many of us are accustomed to, like running water. Portable bathrooms, hand washing stations and hand sanitizer are available. Food amenities are not available (with some exceptions, such as food trucks at festivals).
- Photography: Photography is permitted. For safety reasons, videography and drones are prohibited.
- Accessibility: Handicapped parking is available. However, the grounds are uneven and may not be accessible for most wheelchairs. Contact us at email@example.com for details and options.
- Liability: By purchasing admission tickets, all visitors consent to the terms of our liability waiver and consent to be photographed (PDF).
- Admission: Site access is limited to guided tours, workshops, and events. Unless otherwise noted, all admissions are ticketed.
- Location: The entrance to the Carrie Furnaces is located at Carrie Furnace Boulevard, Rankin, PA 15104.
Thank you for following these guidelines. We wish you to have the best visit possible, and appreciate your patience as we continue to improve the visitor experience.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the events
such as tours, workshops, and festivals happening at each unique attraction.