The safety of our employees and visitors is of paramount importance. Rivers of Steel adheres to the guidelines and restrictions set by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For information, please visit cdc.gov and health.pa.gov.
This policy outlines the steps Rivers of Steel is taking to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
August 2021 Update
In accordance with the current recommendations set by the CDC, Rivers of Steel is now requiring masks to be worn indoors by all guests and employees. This is applicable for the unvaccinated, as well as the vaccinated. In consideration of changing conditions, Rivers of Steel has updated and/or reinstated the policies outlined below. In addition, Rivers of Steel is now requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated. We request that all guests show consideration to those around them, maintaining physical distance, both indoors and outdoors. Thank you.
Employees and Volunteers
While working remotely is strongly recommended, if you are required to report to work at one of our locations, the following practices have been put into place:
- Employees and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Employees and volunteers are required to wear facial masks covering the nose and mouth. Rivers of Steel will provide masks as needed.
- Employees and volunteers who have cold or flu-like symptoms, such as cough / sneeze / fever, or are not feeling well are required to stay home or will be sent home.
- Employees and volunteers who have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 are required to self-isolate for 10 days.
- Limited occupancy is being practiced at each location, and varies in degree with consideration given to the characteristics of each location and type of activity.
- All tickets for programs at the Carrie Blast Furnaces, the Bost Building, the W.A. Young & Son Foundry and Machine Shop, or on the Explorer riverboat must be purchased in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door.
- All guests, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear a facial mask covering the nose and mouth for the duration of their visit. Children age 2 and younger are exempt. If a guest arrives without a mask, one will be provided. Guests refusing to wear a facial mask will be asked to leave the property.
- Guests are expected to be considerate of the physical distance between themselves and others, allowing six feet whenever possible.
- Guests should not enter our sites if they have cold or flu-like symptoms, such as cough / sneeze / fever, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.