The safety of our employees and visitors is of paramount importance. Rivers of Steel adheres to the guidelines and restrictions set by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For information, please visit cdc.gov and health.pa.gov.
This policy outlines the steps Rivers of Steel is taking to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Employees and Volunteers
While working remotely is strongly recommended, if you are required to report to work at one of our locations, the following practices have been put into place:
- Employees and volunteers will be subject to daily temperature readings.
- Employees and volunteers are required to wear facial masks. Rivers of Steel will provide masks as needed. Gloves are not required but will be provided for those who request them.
- Employees and volunteers who have cold or flu-like symptoms, such as cough/sneeze/fever, or are not feeling well are required to stay home or will be sent home.
- Employees and volunteers who have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 are required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces will be scheduled regularly.
- Limited occupancy will be enforced at each location.
- Tour group sizes will be limited to 50% capacity.
- Gift shop items will be sold with minimal product handling.
- Cash transactions will be eliminated.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door.
- All guests will be required to wear a facial mask for the duration of your visit. If a guest arrives without a mask, one will be provided. Guests refusing to wear a facial mask will be asked to leave the property.
- Gloves are not required but will be provided for guests who request them.
- Maintain six feet of physical distance from others. Families and groups arriving together are welcome to interact with one another but are required to maintain six feet of distance between themselves and other guests and staff.
- Do not enter the site if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
General Hygiene Rules
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, which will be provided throughout the site.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Properly dispose of masks, gloves, and other trash.