WQED is back with more exploration of one of America’s most treasured biking destinations—the Great Allegheny Passage, known as the GAP. WQED will premiere The Great Ride: Landmarks Along the Trail on Thursday, June 16 on WQED-TV.
The Great Ride: Landmarks Along the Trail Community Screening
Prior to its TV premiere, WQED is inviting bikers, hikers, lovers of the trail, and history buffs to attend an exclusive FREE community screening event. The one-hour documentary will be screened, followed by a panel discussion and Q/A session led by WQED Producer Beth Dolinar, key members of the production team, GAP trail representatives and volunteers.
The Great Ride: Landmarks Along the Trail focuses on the 150-mile GAP, beginning in Pittsburgh, and ending in Cumberland, Maryland. In the new 2022 program, bikers and hikers get a more personal, up-close look as the producers identify key landmarks on the trail, exploring the significance, history, and appeal of each stop
June 7 at 6:30 pm – Rivers of Steel: The Pump House
GAP mile marker 139.5
880 East Waterfront Dr., Munhall, PA 15120
Hours & Admission*
This is a special event in partnership with WQED, offered once on June 7 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Free; registration required.
*This event has reached capacity. Thank you for your interest!
Location & Directions
What to Know Before You Go
As a former industrial site, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure an enjoyable visit.
- What to wear: While the Pump House is an interior space, it is not temperature controlled. Please dress for the weather.
- Restrooms: Public restrooms, maintained by Rivers of Steel, are accessible in the Water Tower
- Photography: Photography is permitted.
- Accessibility: Handicapped parking is available and the path to inside is paved. The historic floorboards may be uneven.
- Admission: Interior access is limited to public programs and / or private events, aside from the occasional open house event.
- Duration: Allow two hours for this program.
- Children: Kids of all ages are welcome.
Thank you for reviewing these guidelines.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.