Blacksmiths from the tri-state area convene for the Hammer-In Festival in Greene County!
Hours & Admission*
Saturday, April 16, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location & Directions
Located in Greene County, one hour south of Pittsburgh in the upper Monongahela River Valley at 114 Water Street, Rices Landing, PA 15357.
Please note that this location can be out of range. Your GPS or online mapping programs may not be available. Download directions offline or print them in advance.
What to Know Before You Go
As a former industrial site, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure an enjoyable visit.
- COVID-19 Policies: Please be advised of our current COVID-19 policies.
- Social distancing: Social distancing is no longer mandatory, but we do ask that you be mindful of the people around you, allowing for a comfortable amount of space when possible.
- What to wear: Dress for the weather. The building is not temperature controlled. Additionally, the ground and flooring are uneven—sensible shoes are a must. Sneakers or boots are recommended. Open-toed shoes and high heels are prohibited.
- Restrooms & concessions: The antiquity of the site is certainly part of its charm. However, that limits the creature comforts many of us are accustomed to, like running water. Restrooms are available at the park near the entrance to Water Street. Food amenities are generally not available.
- Photography: Photography is permitted. For safety reasons, videography and drones are prohibited.
- Accessibility: This National Historic Landmark is generally not fully accessible, but can meet some patrons’ needs. Contact email@example.com to inquire.
- Liability: By purchasing admission tickets, all visitors are required to sign a liability waiver and consent to be photographed (PDF).
- Admission: Site access is limited to guided tours, workshops, and events. Unless otherwise noted, all admissions are ticketed.
- Duration: Please allow one hour for your tour.
- Location & GPS: The Machine Shop is located at 114 Water Street, Rices Landing, PA 15357. The historic town of Rices Landing is located in a valley where cell service can be limited. You may not want to rely on your GPS.
- Parking: Guests are welcome to park in the parking lot near the entrance of Water Street, on the left side before rounding the bend. From there the walk to the the Machine Shop is 400 feet and has a slight incline. Guest with limited mobility may be dropped off near the front of the building, but please be advised that turnaround space can be limited directly in front of the Shop.
- Children: While kids of all ages are welcome, the tour content is recommended for children ages 8+.
Thank you for following these guidelines. We wish you to have the best visit possible and appreciate your patience as we continue to improve the visitor experience.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.