Live Music & Performances
July 8, 2022
Homestead Live Fridays
Rivers of Steel and the Steel Valley Enterprise Zone welcome folks to join us for the Homestead Live Fridays performance series!
Located in multiple venues throughout Homestead’s Eighth Avenue business district—and at street-side pop-ups along the way, Live Fridays features local performers, art exhibitions, and activities each evening from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. Grab a drink or a bite to eat and check out some of the region’s best local live music!
July’s theme is Circus on the Street. The Pittsburgh Circus Arts Collaborative will bring a bit of fire and excitement to the Community Plaza at 309 East Eighth Avenue—with fire breathers, fire jugglers, stilt walkers, and more! You can also check out live jazz by the Difficult Times Youth Jazz Band in the Plaza. This is addition to all the music and events happening throughout the Eighth Avenue business corridor. Check it out!
- Jazz by Thomas Wendt Quarter at Golden Age Beer Co., 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Howard Jones & Midge Ure at the Carnegie of Homestead, 9:30 p.m.
- Free short films by Barbara Loden and Joan Micklin Silver at Eberle Studios, doors at 7:s0 p.m. (more)
- Smooth pop by Paging Doctor Moon at Ace Axe Throwing, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Hip hop by Cam Chambers at EON Bar & Grill, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Firepit & acoustic guitar by Danny DuBois at the Amity Harvest Community Garden, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- And more!!!
Save the dates for future Homestead Live Fridays: August 12, September 16, & October 21, 2022.
Hours & Admission*
Events are roughly from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. Check each venue’s schedule for exact details. All venues are free and open to the public, except the Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall, which requires tickets to be purchased in advance.
Location & Directions
What to Know Before You Go
Visitors may park in the parking lot at the rear of the Bost Building, located at 623 East Eighth Avenue. The entrance is accessed from Heisel Street.