Experience molten iron at the Carrie Blast Furnaces!
Iron Casting Spectator Event
Ever wonder what the process looks like to cast molten iron? Well, here is your chance! Bring some friends to the Carrie Blast Furnaces and watch our Metal Arts crew, along with a team of volunteers and workshop participants, fire up the cupola furnace and melt some iron. Witness a scaled down version of what took place on site during its peak industrial era, then grab a drink and bite to eat. We suggest you bring a camping chair for this one and get comfortable, its always a spectacle of flame and heat here at the Carrie Blast Furnaces.
We welcome you to join us for this special event! Food and drinks will be available onsite for purchase. Admission to the iron pour does not include a tour of the historic facility. Participants will remain in the central casting area with views of the site. Please dress for the weather as this event is rain or shine.
Hours & Admission*
This program is offered once on June 25, 2022 from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
*Space is limited. We recommend purchasing tickets in advance as we cannot guarantee tickets will be available for walk-ups.
"Such a cool place! I think everyone in Pittsburgh should check it out at least once!" —Olivia Weber, Google Review
Location & Directions
The Carrie Blast Furnaces are located in Swissvale and Rankin, PA in the Monongahela River Valley. The entrance to the Carrie Furnaces is located at Carrie Furnace Boulevard, Rankin, PA 15104.
What to Know Before You Go
As a former industrial site, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure an enjoyable visit.
- COVID-19 Policies: Please be advised of our current COVID-19 policies.
- Maintain social distance: Social distancing is no longer mandatory, but we do ask that you be mindful of the people around you, allowing for a comfortable amount of space when possible.
- What to wear: The majority of the site is outdoors; please dress for the weather. Additionally, the ground is uneven—sensible shoes are a must. Open-toed shoes and high heels are prohibited.
- Restrooms & concessions: The rawness of the site is certainly part of its charm. However, that rawness also limits the creature comforts many of us are accustomed to, like running water. Portable bathrooms, hand washing stations and hand sanitizer are available. Food amenities will be available at this event..
- Photography: Photography is permitted. For safety reasons, videography and drones are prohibited.
- Accessibility: Handicapped parking is available. However, the grounds are uneven and may not be accessible for most wheelchairs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and options.
- Liability: By purchasing admission tickets, all visitors consent to the terms of our liability waiver and consent to be photographed (PDF).
- Admission: Site access is limited to guided tours, workshops, and events. Unless otherwise noted, all admissions are ticketed.
- Location: The Carrie Blast Furnaces are located at 801 Carrie Furnace Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15218.
Thank you for following these guidelines. We wish you to have the best visit possible, and appreciate your patience as we continue to improve the visitor experience.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Learn more about the events
such as tours, workshops, and festivals happening at each unique attraction.