Temporary Exhibition—October 8, 2021 through March 26, 2022
A Kathleen Ferri Retrospective
Kathleen Ferri first picked up a paintbrush at 58 years old. Now 95, her “memory scenes” will be collectively on view for the first time—including a number of paintings that will also receive a public debut. Kathleen’s work preserves the small-town streets of her childhood with an intuitive sense of history and the warmth of sentiment. They radiate with color and burst with joy as expressive figures make their way through downtown Turtle Creek, riverside mills, Kennywood heritage days, and more. See the Mon Valley as few have in this career retrospective, presented by Rivers of Steel and augmented with archival artifacts from the organization’s collections. Memory Scenes: A Kathleen Ferri Retrospective is curated by Barbara L. Jones, chief curator at The Westmoreland Museum of American Art, and Ron Baraff, director of historic resources and facilities for Rivers of Steel.
Hours & Admission*
This exhibition offers timed ticketing on Wednesdays through Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
$5 suggested donation; advance registration required.
Curator-Led Gallery Talk
March 26, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
$10 / person suggested donation; registration required.
Location & Directions
The Bost Building is located at 623 E. Eighth Avenue, Homestead, PA 15120. Free parking for visitors is available in the lot behind the building which is accessed from Heisel Street.
What to Know Before You Go
- COVID-19 Policies: Please be advised of our current COVID-19 policies.
Maintain social distance: Social distancing is no longer mandatory, but we do ask that you be mindful of the people around you, allowing for a comfortable amount of space when possible.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are located on the first floor.
- Photography: Photography is permitted.
- Parking: Parking is available directly behind the building. Please do not park in the Post Office parking lot or on Heisel Street.
- Accessibility: The Bost Building is wheel chair accessible. Handicapped parking is available.
- Admission: Site access is limited to designated exhibition areas and gift shop only. Timed tickets are required.
- Location: The Bost Building is located at 623 East Eighth Avenue, Homestead, PA 15120.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Learn more about the events
such as tours, workshops, and festivals happening at each unique attraction.